Thursday 25 June 2015

I'm back ...

Walking the Great Wen was a blogging project I started when I went to London and Paris in 2014 with my charming and delightful girlfriend Annie. I had hoped to make a travel diary.

The software wasn't up to the challenge. As we were on the go, I had an iPad and a phone. No laptop. And I found it impossible to do what I wanted - write stuff, interspersed with photos I had taken, to record our travels. It's a long, dull story, that you don't need to know. But it quickly became obvious that, away from the technological sophistication of a full (heavy!) laptop, the travel blog as I envisioned it  was a dud. Writing stories on Facebook became an easier option. And that's what I did.

Anyway, now I'm planning to resurrect WtGW as a continuing travel diary, with some imminent software/platform changes. In the interim, I'll struggle along here.

I'm excited to be working on a new travel writing project. I hope you follow me.


No comments:

Post a Comment